Thursday 15 November 2012

Handbrake continued


Completed the handbrake tonight.  Started by making a couple of brackets from the 30mm aluminium angle which will support the guide tubes from a chassis rail –  a 20mm hole was drilled for the rubber gommet to fit into.  I have only taped these in position at the minute to ensure they are in the right place before final fix.

I then cut off one end of the handbrake cable and threaded it into position.  Once in position I marked where I was to strip the plastic back to, stripped the plastic with a Stanley knife and threaded on the new grub screw end.  I then pulled the cable tight and marked where the end will be fixed.  The pin was removed at the handbrake lever location to give some slack and then the end fixed to the cable by tightening the grub screws.  Hopefully I have got this right and wont have to remove again as the screw heads snapped when tightening.










No comments:

Post a Comment